1/7 Photos of Spanish Garlic Shrimp
This recipe from Gourmet Magazine is an example of what one can expect to be served at a Spanish tapas bar. They are very quick to prepare and can be made up to one day in advance, keeping in mind that they should be brought to room temperature before serving. I only use 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes but you can use a whole teaspoon if you like your food spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the oil until it is hot.
- 2Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it is pale golden.
- 3Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the shrimp are pink and just firm to the touch.
- 4Sprinkle the shrimp with paprika and cook the mixture, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 5Add the sherry, boil the mixture for 30 seconds, and sprinkle with parsley.
- 6Season the mixture with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- 7Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 99.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g