Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was found on About.Com on the Spanish Food section. Here is what was stated: "Garlic Lemon Chicken is a relatively easy chicken recipe, which has two of the essential Mediterranean ingredients - garlic and citrus. Pieces of chicken are first sautéed in olive oil, then baked in a garlic chicken broth with white wine and slices of lemon. Serve with potatoes or rice."
- 10 large garlic cloves
- 24 ounces chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken pieces (approx 3 lbs)
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley or 1 sprig basil, for optional garnish
- Peel all garlic cloves. Pour chicken stock into a medium pot or sauce pan, and place garlic into brother. Cover and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- Peel the lemon, removing white pulp. Cut the lemon in thin slices. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove and place into the bottom of an ovenproof pot, and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the flour to the frying pan where the chicken was fried. Scrape the bottom of the pan while stirring, frying the flour. Add the wine and continue to stir and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and stir constantly, as the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust salt.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the garlic cloves around the dish. Arrange lemon slices on chicken.
- Bake the chicken in oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove and garnish with parsley or basil. Serve with fried potatoes or rice.
- Note: Use chicken with skin on or skinless pieces. If using skinless pieces, chicken will tend to stick to pan more easily when browning, so use lower heat and turn more often.
This was a really nice dish that had a lot of flavor. I made this exactly as posted, except I did season the chicken with some Sazon Goya before browning. It added some nice color to the dish. The sauce was so tasty, and was great over rice. I used 3 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I will definitely be making this again, as it's a great change of pace from typical chicken recipes. Thanks for sharing.
If I could give it zero stars I would. This recipe is a damp squid all around. I will have to make chicken salad out of the rest. This was a bit dodgy. Not at all good. Do Not waste your time.
Wonderful and flavorful chicken! Love the garlic and the lemon flavor. I scaled the recipe to 2 servings and we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!