This recipe was found on About.Com on the Spanish Food section. Here is what was stated: "Garlic Lemon Chicken is a relatively easy chicken recipe, which has two of the essential Mediterranean ingredients - garlic and citrus. Pieces of chicken are first sautéed in olive oil, then baked in a garlic chicken broth with white wine and slices of lemon. Serve with potatoes or rice."
- Peel all garlic cloves. Pour chicken stock into a medium pot or sauce pan, and place garlic into brother. Cover and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- Peel the lemon, removing white pulp. Cut the lemon in thin slices. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove and place into the bottom of an ovenproof pot, and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the flour to the frying pan where the chicken was fried. Scrape the bottom of the pan while stirring, frying the flour. Add the wine and continue to stir and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and stir constantly, as the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust salt.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the garlic cloves around the dish. Arrange lemon slices on chicken.
- Bake the chicken in oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove and garnish with parsley or basil. Serve with fried potatoes or rice.
- Note: Use chicken with skin on or skinless pieces. If using skinless pieces, chicken will tend to stick to pan more easily when browning, so use lower heat and turn more often.