Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds good & easy to make. From The Essential Mediterranean Cookbook.
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, fresh
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken and cut the thighs into thirds. Combine the paprika with some salt and pepper in a bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes until brown. Remove from the pan. Cook the chicken in batches for 5 minutes each batch or until brown.
- Return all the chicken to the pan, add the brandy, boil for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bay leaf. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic pulp in a mortar and pestle or small bowl. Add the parsley and pound or mix with a fork to form a paste. Stir into the chicken, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
Great recipe, nice and easy to make as well.I used smoked Spanish paprika. Made for the Epicurean Queens ZWT5: Spain/Portugal.
This was good but I was expecting so much more flavor. We love garlic and was surprised how mild it was, I added a little extra brandy in hopes of adding more oomph. I made this with chicken breast, which I pounded a little so they would cook evenly, and followed the suggestion to add a little flour to the spice mix before coating the pieces. I served this with Lemon-Lime Rice . Thanks for sharing your recipe, made for ZWT 5
Great tasting and easy. A favorite for my culinarily-challenged partner to make.