Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Thanks to Tammy & Annie's recipes #9417 & #12893 for inspiring me to invent this one :) Great way to use up the not fully grown peppers from your garden at the end of the season.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, small &,chopped
- 1 green pepper, small &,chopped
- 1 red pepper, small &,chopped
- 1 tomatoes, small,seeded &,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- Saute rice in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers, tomato, garlic,& chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili pepper,& cumin.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, approximately 20- 25 minutes.
OMG I LOVED THIS RECIPE SOOOO MUCH! SO MUCH that I made it a point to write a review on a recipe FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER so that people will flock to it's goodness! OMG I CAN'T STOP EATINGGGGGGGG! THANK YOU CHIP CHIP!
This was really tasty and such and easy and pretty quick meal to make, too. I used vegetable stock as I was out of chicken stock and it tasted wonderful. Once the rice was done I added some left-over diced chicken I had from the night before and served with herbed pita pockets it made for a wonderful dinner. My BF added some tabasco sauce as he likes things to have a real kick, but I loved the flavour just as it was. I made this for the Photo Swap #2 and hope you like the pics! Thanks for sharing, Chippie!
I made this wonderful rice for Wednesday Night Dinner at my church along with Anasazi Enchiladas #39681. The only change I made was to bake the rice in large pans instead of boiling--easier when making enough for 125 people. It was very tasty as well as pretty and colorful! Will definitely serve again. Thanks, Chippie