Thanks to Tammy & Annie's recipes #9417 & #12893 for inspiring me to invent this one :) Great way to use up the not fully grown peppers from your garden at the end of the season.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, small &,chopped
- 1 green pepper, small &,chopped
- 1 red pepper, small &,chopped
- 1 tomato, small,seeded &,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- Saute rice in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers, tomato, garlic,& chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili pepper,& cumin.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, approximately 20- 25 minutes.