Recipe by asta99
I learned this from a dear friend from Madrid. It is a fantastic breakfast omelet or frittata. I sometimes roll this up in a tortilla or Lavash with low fat sour cream and salsa- you can add beans or rice and have a yummy breakfast burrito!
Top Review by Maria #7
Ehhh, was bland and not traditional. The authentic version does not include cheddar as an ingredient. Also, you are supposed to season this with salt & pepper. When DH and I go to NYC area for business, we go to this place in NJ called Don Pepe and they serve this in their lounge as "tortilla" fritata and it's incredible. I suggest seeing if their recipe is online.
- 4 eggs (scrambled with a dash of milk to keep form burning)
- 3⁄4 cup potato (already cooked with skin on)
- 3⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-cook the potato. Microwave potato for 7-10 minutes.
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil over low to med low heat. Cook until onion has caramelized (apx 10 min). Watch and stir frequently.
- Add chopped (cooked) potato to caramelized onion. Saute another 10 minute until potato is golden. Scramble eggs for 1-2 min with dash of milk.
- Lower heat then sprinkle cheese over onion and potato stir and add egg mixture- lower heat again (cooking eggs slowly will make them fluffy) stir Continually to keep form burning. Sometimes I will remove pan form heat before I put my egg mixture in, then put it back after it cools down.
- Cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until eggs are no longer runny.