1/1 Photo of Spanish Fried Eggs With Potatoes and Chorizo (Huevos Fritos Con
Deep fried in extra virgin olive oil, this fried egg is different from what you find in the U.S. With an unset yolk and crackly white edges, it is great with chorizo and potatoes for breakfast or any meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and slice thinly.
- 2Heat the oil and fry the potatoes, adding the onions and parsley.
- 3When tender, remove to serving platter. Cut into thin strips, fry the piquillo, and place them on top of the potatoes.
- 4Add more olive oil to the pan if necessary. When oil is hot but not smoking, crack the eggs singly into a dish and slide them into the pan.
- 5Splash oil over the egg as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper and remove it to drain. Repeat for each egg, and place the cooked eggs around the potatoes on the platter.
- 6Slice the chorizo in thin slices and fry very briefly. Add to the platter and serve immediately.
- 7This dish should serve several people, depending on their appetites. Even Spanish gourmets find that their families prefer this simple dish to their most delicate creations!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Fried Eggs With Potatoes and Chorizo (Huevos Fritos Con
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.9
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 310.2 mg
- Sodium 570.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: