Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a recipe card I have been meaning to try; posting for safe keeping and future use. Steak should be marinated at least 6 hours (not included in prep time).
- Place steak in large ziploc bag, add vinaigrette. Seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and preheat to medium high (350-400 degrees F/180-200 degrees C).
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides of steak; coat well.
- Grill steak 4-5 minutes per side or until thermometer reads 145 F/65 C degrees for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain, drizzle with lime juice and serve.
I finally got around to making this steak after having to change my choice during PAC 2011. This was the first time I have used ground corriander as opposed to the fresh herb, and I didn't care for the flavour of the spice in the dry version. ( To me it didn't taste like the same spice at all.) I also thought that the red wine vinegar was over powering so I would reduce that next time and/or marinate for less time. I liked the zip that the lime and paprika gave to the finished dish. Thanks for posting!
Just loved this flank steak!!! I made this as written, making my own "Red Wine Vinaigrette" (which I combined 2 different recipes to my liking) and then followed as written with the dry rub ingredients. I agree with TeresaS, don't use just red wine vinegar, that would be way to strong a flavor on it's own (as it appears another reviewer may have done). We had my DS and his girlfriend over for dinner and she stated that this was her favorite of all the marinated flank steaks I have made since their 3-4 year relationship together and having dinners over here!!! We cooked it to about medium and then served it with twice baked potatoes, green beans and garlic bread, yummy!!! Thank so much for sharing the recipe, I am sure we will make this often!! Congrats again on your football pool win!!
OMG! This is so good...the meat came out tender and packed full of flavor...I let it marinade overnight...I used Red Wine Vinaigrette for my red wine vinaigrette...please don't us red wine vinegar...it's not the same thing...the squeeze of lime really takes it over the top...hubby didn't even ask for steak sauce...I broiled my steak in the oven due to bad weather...thanks for posting it...=)