Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
my mom cooks it well and I got the recipe from her.Really good !!!
- 2 tortillas, cut into half inch squares
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons salsa
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan, saute the tortillas,garlic,onion,green pepper and mushrooms.
- Add eggs,stir frequently and when eggs are cooked through add the tomatoes,salsa and cheese.
- Cook, stirring till cheese has melted. Season to taste.
An extremely tasty breakfast dish that I cooked for us this morning, plus a friend who had a long journey ahead of him! I used local grated cheese and some soft wheat tortillas......very tasty! I was a bit unsure about adding the tortillas to the egg mixture, I think I might prefer the egg mixture INSIDE the rolled up tortillas next time - however, all the ingredients were a great mixture of tastes, textures and flavours! Made for PAC spring 2008 and a recipe which I will be making again! Thanks! FT:-)