Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Phase 2 of Fast Metabolism Diet. This would work well for any low carb diet.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- Saute onion, shallot, garlic and chile until soft in a non-stick pan. Stir in spinach until wilted. Mix in egg whites and scramble. Sprinkle with cilantro,red pepper, and salt.
This is a great and healthy scramble! I try to eat this in the morning and leave out carbs and this is so good you don't miss the potatoes or a side of toast! I sprinkled it with a little flat-leaf parsley (do not like cilantro) and omitted the red pepper flakes. Next time I will decrease the amount of garlic, was a little strong for my taste. Made for PAC Spring 2014.