A potato and egg omelet served at tapas bars. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Spicy Tomato Sauce: Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper; cover and cook for 20 minutes more. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender or food processor; transfer to a serving bowl.
- 2Tortilla: Heat oil in a 7- or 8-inch skillet. Add onions and cook over low heat for 10 minutes; add potatoes to skillet.
- 3Season eggs with garlic salt and pepper; stir in cheese and add to skillet. Let cook for a few minutes, then carefully lift edges and tilt skillet so uncooked egg can run underneath. When eggs are almost set, carefully slide onto a plate. Cover with skillet and invert eggs back into skillet. Cook for a few minutes more or until cooked through.
- 4Sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 5This dish is also great when wedges are topped with small spoonfuls of Spicy Tomato Sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Egg Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (1084 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g