Recipe by Jo in Arlington
This may sound alittle strange with the hard boiled eggs -- which aren't a particular favorite of mine. But it's a very tasty casserole. Great to take to a potluck dinner. FYI, the husband doesn't like green peppers so I replaced with 1/2 cup sliced olives.
- 8 ounces noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Noodles in lightly salted water until tender.
- Drain and spray with cold water.
- In large pan sauté onions and peppers in 3 Tblsp Butter – about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, green peppers and sliced olives.
- In separate bowl, melt butter and blend in flour and salt.
- Stir butter/flour mixture in tomato mixture and cook until thick.
- Place half the cooked noodles in bottom of 2-qt.
- Casserole; slice 3 eggs and place on top of noodles; top with half the mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in pre-heated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.