Jo in Arlington's Note:
This may sound alittle strange with the hard boiled eggs -- which aren't a particular favorite of mine. But it's a very tasty casserole. Great to take to a potluck dinner. FYI, the husband doesn't like green peppers so I replaced with 1/2 cup sliced olives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook Noodles in lightly salted water until tender.
- 2Drain and spray with cold water.
- 3In large pan sauté onions and peppers in 3 Tblsp Butter – about 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Add cheese, green peppers and sliced olives.
- 6In separate bowl, melt butter and blend in flour and salt.
- 7Stir butter/flour mixture in tomato mixture and cook until thick.
- 8Place half the cooked noodles in bottom of 2-qt.
- 9Casserole; slice 3 eggs and place on top of noodles; top with half the mixture.
- 10Repeat layers.
- 11Bake in pre-heated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 12Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 209.6 mg
- Sodium 512.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: