Recipe by cdmattice
a family favorite!
Top Review by Bec
This made a very nice hotdish- a milder flavor, which is good for little ones (or older ones!) who don't like really spicy dishes. I used a can of creamed corn instead of kernel corn because that was what you preferred! Next time I will have to try it with just the regular kernel corn. Also, I used a blend of shredded monterey jack and colby cheese. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can kernel corn (although i prefer using creamed corn)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the egg noodles as described on the package.
- While they are cooking, saute onion and green pepper in olive oil until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add ground beef, chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt.
- Brown and mix well.
- Add tomato paste and 1 tomato paste can full of water (well mixed to pick up all the remaining bits of tomato paste) to the beef mixture.
- Drain corn and mix into beef mixture.
- Let simmer until noodles are done.
- Grease your casserole dish.
- When noodles are cooked to your satisfaction, drain them.
- Mix the beef mixture and noodles in the casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.