1/2 Photos of Spanish Cristianos Y Moros ( Beans and Rice Sidedish)
Another variation on the medieval Spanish classic of the black bean and white rice hot dish. A delicious main dish but it also has an interesting historical significance. This is from the Beans and Grains' cookbook by James McNair. Can be served as a main or side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the dried beans, cook until tender and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend well. (This can be done several hours in advance to allow the ingredients to marinate.).
- 3Cook the rice until done.
- 4Drain the warm beans and transfer 3 cups to a large bowl.
- 5Toss the black beans carefully with half of the white onion and half of the dressing.
- 6In another bowl, transfer the rice and toss with the remaining onion and dressing.
- 7On a large serving platter, arrange the beans on one side and the rice on the other side.
- 8Cover and set aside at room temperature for about 1 hour, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 9Adjust seasonings if necessary and garnish with red pepper and parsley (or cilantro) if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Cristianos Y Moros ( Beans and Rice Sidedish)
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.1
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 588.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g