Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My friends mom used to make these when I was little, creating a batch of these along with some strawberry knox blox. The Spanish ones are what I remember. Great to make for a Valentines Day treat using heart shaped cookie cutters. The creamy vanilla taste is amazing. So good I had to share.
- 4 (1/4 ounce) envelopesknox unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In a bowl mix the egg with the half and half, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, soften the gelatin in the cold water.
- Add the egg/ half and half mixture and sugar to the sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved and incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Using a whisk, continue to stir slowly until it starts to steam and thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour in 1-2 baking pans depending in how thick you would like the blox.
- Chill in the refrigerator till set and firm, about 4 hours.
- You can cut them into blocks or use your favorite cookie cutters for different shapes.
- ( I used the chill time as cook time).