Recipe by Lavender Lynn
A delicious fish dish with a pungent tomato sauce with green olives and marinated vegetables. Throw some jumbo shrimp in with the fish for an even more delicious and impressive meal." Marinated Italian vegetable salad is in the pickle section of the store.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped fresh
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup marinated Italian vegetables, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 6 (4 ounce) cod fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions and garlic until onions are slightly tender, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Stir in green olives and marinated vegetables, and season with black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Cook fillets in sauce over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Serve immediately.