Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is adapted from one I saw in a magazine a few years ago (unfortunately can't remember which magazine). I made a few changes as I like lots of sauce for the dish. To reduce the amount of sauce, just halve the amount of oranges and butter. It is a really easy recipe and goes well with couscous or rice.
- Place each chicken breast on top of one piece of clingfilm/clear plastic wrap and cover with another piece.
- Using a rolling pin or a glass pound the chicken until flat.
- Remove from clingfilm and season.
- Cut each chichen breast in half widthways.
- Add the olive oil and 50g of the butter to a hot frying pan.
- Cut the rest of the butter into cubes and chill.
- When bubbling, add the chicken.
- Cook until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a warm ovenproof dish in an oven heated to 190 degrees celsius.
- Add all the citrus juice to the frying pan and turn heat up high until bubbling.
- Add the remaining butter and sugar and stir.
- If you would like a thicker sauce add the flour and stir.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add to the sauce.
- Turn to coat and then pour into the warm dish.
- Add the mint and the pine nuts to the dish.
- Serve with couscous or rice.