Sarah Rhiannon's Note:
This recipe is adapted from one I saw in a magazine a few years ago (unfortunately can't remember which magazine). I made a few changes as I like lots of sauce for the dish. To reduce the amount of sauce, just halve the amount of oranges and butter. It is a really easy recipe and goes well with couscous or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place each chicken breast on top of one piece of clingfilm/clear plastic wrap and cover with another piece.
- 2Using a rolling pin or a glass pound the chicken until flat.
- 3Remove from clingfilm and season.
- 4Cut each chichen breast in half widthways.
- 5Add the olive oil and 50g of the butter to a hot frying pan.
- 6Cut the rest of the butter into cubes and chill.
- 7When bubbling, add the chicken.
- 8Cook until lightly browned and cooked through.
- 9Remove the chicken to a warm ovenproof dish in an oven heated to 190 degrees celsius.
- 10Add all the citrus juice to the frying pan and turn heat up high until bubbling.
- 11Add the remaining butter and sugar and stir.
- 12If you would like a thicker sauce add the flour and stir.
- 13Remove the chicken from the oven and add to the sauce.
- 14Turn to coat and then pour into the warm dish.
- 15Add the mint and the pine nuts to the dish.
- 16Serve with couscous or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Citrus Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 31.0 g