Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from a Spanish website for immigrents to Spain. As usual they are not forth coming with any times for anything so I'm guessing, sorry. I'm using assumed time for making this with canned beans. Posted For Zaar World Tour.
- 1 kg chickpeas
- 1 large tomatoes
- 4 red peppers (pimientos del piquillo)
- 50 g cured ham, diced
- hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas (if using dried chickpeas soak overnight and then boil the next day in a pressure cooker for 10 mins or boil for 1 hour 10 mins in a pan).
- Prepare the tomato by blanching it and removing the skin and pips following this cut it into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the red peppers to the bowl (if you can´t find the spanish pimientos del piquillo you will need to roast the red peppers for about 20 mins and then remove the kin and cut into strips).
- Add the eggs, onions and garlic.
- Cut the cured ham into small squares and add to the bowl.
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar over and season with salt and pepper
- Add the chickpeas to the salad mixture
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Delicious fresh-tasting salad! My rating is based on directions. Several ingredients are missing quantities, and I would mince the garlic rather than tossing it whole. I used a 7-oz jar of roasted red peppers (yielded 6 oz. fruit), which I estimated was equivalent to 2.5 large red bell peppers in U.S. sizing, but per Barrinaga's website, their 1/4 K (8 oz) jar has 9-12 fruits, so perhaps I had enough. I used 3 hard-boiled eggs, and that seemed like the right amount. Lucky me, I had a ripe home-grown tomato! Made for Please Review My Recipe.
i used canned chick peas cause its to darn hot to cook. this is a very satisfying salad i used jarred peppers and some canned tomato and its good !!!! no heat and a wonderful side dish
We had this for dinner tonight because it is the first day that is really nice of this summer so I refuse to stand around the kitchen sweating when I can go for a nice walk or sit on the balcony. It is wonder summer meal, colourful, tasty and easy. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 8.