1/2 Photos of Spanish Chickpea Salad
This is a recipe from a Spanish website for immigrents to Spain. As usual they are not forth coming with any times for anything so I'm guessing, sorry. I'm using assumed time for making this with canned beans. Posted For Zaar World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the chickpeas (if using dried chickpeas soak overnight and then boil the next day in a pressure cooker for 10 mins or boil for 1 hour 10 mins in a pan).
- 2Prepare the tomato by blanching it and removing the skin and pips following this cut it into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- 3Add the red peppers to the bowl (if you can´t find the spanish pimientos del piquillo you will need to roast the red peppers for about 20 mins and then remove the kin and cut into strips).
- 4Add the eggs, onions and garlic.
- 5Cut the cured ham into small squares and add to the bowl.
- 6Dress with extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar over and season with salt and pepper
- 7Add the chickpeas to the salad mixture
- 8Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 570.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: