1/3 Photos of Spanish Chicken With Yellow Rice
1 hr 20 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Delicious and economical recipe. Recipe by Cathy Luchettis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
- 6 whole chicken legs, skinned
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 cups chopped celery, with leaves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (with liquid) or 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine
For the rice
- 1Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and brown chicken (about 4 minutes per side), then set aside.
- 3In same dutch oven, add green pepper, celery, onions and garlic; sauteing 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables have softened.
- 4Add cumin, tomatoes with juice, broth, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 5Return chicken to pot, stirring to cover with sauce.
- 6Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 7Uncover and cook 20 minutes more (or until chicken is done).
- 8Combine flour and wine in small bowl. Stir into pot and cook 5 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, prepare rice by bringing water to boil in medium saucepan; then stirring in rice, salt, and turmeric.
- 10Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes until liquid is evaporated and rice is tender.
- 11Serve chicken with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Chicken With Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 1137.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 37.4 g