Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chilindron fefers to combining smoked ham with fresh vegetables.This recipe is from the Aragon region of Spain. I haven't made it yet! For Zaar World Tour 8
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 green peppers, cut into rings
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb smoked ham, fully cooked and cut up (1 cup)
- 8 pitted ripe olives, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Truss your chicken. Brush with butter salt and pepper. Place chicken breast up in dutch oven. Cook, uncovered until thighs test done. Add rest of ingredients, cover and bake until veggies are tender., about 30 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving platter, surround with vegetables. Serve with rice.
This is a really nice combination of flavors, much different from the usual. I used bone-in chicken breasts instead of whole chicken. Thanks for posting! Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies, ZWT8.