Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 236.59 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.49 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 170.09 g long grain rice
- 170.09 g drained cooked red kidney beans
- 236.59 ml drained canned plum tomato
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Spray large nonstick saucepan with Pam, place over med-high heat 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper, onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in broth and tomato paste. Add rice, beans, tomatoes and black pepper.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 (1 1/2 c) servings, 6 points per serving.