Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Spanish Chicken With Rice and Beans(6 Ww Points) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 ounces long grain rice
- 6 ounces drained cooked red kidney beans
- 1 cup drained canned plum tomato
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Spray large nonstick saucepan with Pam, place over med-high heat 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper, onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in broth and tomato paste. Add rice, beans, tomatoes and black pepper.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 (1 1/2 c) servings, 6 points per serving.