Recipe by Geema
You can use whatever olives are your favorites in this zesty crock pot dish. I use the pimento stuffed, but think that anchovy stuffed olives would be quite good as well.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good, simple to make crockpot dish. I used regular rice, so increased the water to 1 cup, skipped the saffron and instead of garlic powder used two garlic cloves minced. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup converted white rice
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 14 ounces diced peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch saffron, thread
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2⁄3 cup olive, coarsely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beans, rice, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes with their liquid, water, garlic powder, saffron, cayenne and 1/3 cup of olives in a 4 quart crock pot.
- Place chicken on top; season with paprika and garlic pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked and rice is tender, but not mushy.
- Mix in the remaining olives and serve garnished with parsley.