Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use whatever olives are your favorites in this zesty crock pot dish. I use the pimento stuffed, but think that anchovy stuffed olives would be quite good as well.
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup converted white rice
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 14 ounces diced peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch saffron, thread
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2⁄3 cup olive, coarsely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Put the beans, rice, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes with their liquid, water, garlic powder, saffron, cayenne and 1/3 cup of olives in a 4 quart crock pot.
- Place chicken on top; season with paprika and garlic pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked and rice is tender, but not mushy.
- Mix in the remaining olives and serve garnished with parsley.
Very good, simple to make crockpot dish. I used regular rice, so increased the water to 1 cup, skipped the saffron and instead of garlic powder used two garlic cloves minced. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
This recipe has all of my favorite ingredients!I just made this in my oven on low heat, sauteed the onions and fresh garlic (in place of garlic powder) with 2 teaspoons cayenne, used chicken broth in place of water, and also cubed the chicken and browned first, also I increased the olives. Very tasty dish, thanks Geema!...Kitten:)