Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
For a simple and tasty dish try this chicken stew flavoured with lashings of garlic and Manzanilla sherry. Serve with mash and seasonal veggies or crusty bread and a green salad.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, jointed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- manzanilla sherry wine, to cover
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish.
- Add the chicken and fry until browned on all sides. Remove and reserve.
- Add the garlic to the casserole dish and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Return the chicken to the pan and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour in enough Manzanilla to barely cover the chicken. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.