Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
My boyfriend cuts these recipes out of the paper and in his sweet subtle way begs me to make this for dinner. There are alot of steps in this recipe but it is worth the taste. I really need to show my boyfriend how to cook. Then I can point out the recipes I want him to cook for me.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, drained & diced
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, halved with skin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pimiento
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, halved, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto ham, diced
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat broiler to high. Place peppers onto a foil-lined baking sheet 6 inches from heat source.
- Turning freguently, until skins are charred on all side, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover with a towel.
- Set aside to cool.
- Peel and seed the peppers. Cut half of the peppers into a small dice; set aside.
- Roughly chop remaining peppers; transfer to a blender.
- Add tomatoes; blend to a coarse puree. Set aside.
- Season chicken with paprika & pimentos, 1/2 teaspoons salt & pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium heat; add chicken, skin side down; cook until brown on one side, about 6 minutes.
- Turn; cook until brown on other side, about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, set aside.
- Add onion to pan drippings; cook stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and diced ham; cook; stirring about 2 minutes.
- Add pepper-tomato puree; cook, stirring about 5 minutes.
- Stir in diced red peppers.
- Nestle chicken in tomato mixture. Cover pan tightly; reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear when a knife is inserted into the thickest part of the chicken about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes into a medium saucepan; cover with water.
- season the water with the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Heat to boil over medium-high heat; lower to medium. Cook until the tip of a knife inserts easily, 10 - 15 minutes. Drain; keep warm.
- Remove chicken to a deep serving platter. Heat pan juices to a boil; reduce slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon pan juices around chicken; serve with potatoes.
- Garnish with parsley, if using.