Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great recipe for the grill. Serve with your favorite rice dish or cooked black beans and a salad.
- 3 medium unpeeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 2 medium green peppers (2 cups) or 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 12 large pimento stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Mix potatoes, bell peppers, onion, olives and tomatoes in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, 2 teaspoons of the chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoons of the salt. Spoon mixture into large heavy-duty aluminum foil bag.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoons salt over chicken. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables. Double-fold open end of bag. Slide foil bag onto cookie sheet to carry to grill.
- Slide foil bag onto grill. Grill 4 to 5 inches from medium-high heat about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.