Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this stew is hearty and good for you. it is also diabetic friendly
- 1 lb skinless chicken thigh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- red sweet bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces red potatoes, chut into chunks
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced green olives
- sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and brown in a skillet.
- add onion and pepper.
- cook about 3 minutes.
- add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- add potatoes, broth and savory.
- bring to boiling and reduce heat.
- cover and simmer 15 minutes until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- add undrained tomatoes.
- return to boiling and lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. stir in olives.