Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this stew is hearty and good for you. it is also diabetic friendly
Make and share this Spanish Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb skinless chicken thigh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- red sweet bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces red potatoes, chut into chunks
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced green olives
- sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and brown in a skillet.
- add onion and pepper.
- cook about 3 minutes.
- add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- add potatoes, broth and savory.
- bring to boiling and reduce heat.
- cover and simmer 15 minutes until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- add undrained tomatoes.
- return to boiling and lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. stir in olives.