Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from one of my good cyber friends on babycenter. This is swesome and great for oamc, just double it. It works great with wraps.
- 2 (6 7/8 ounce) packages Spanish rice and vermicelli mix (I used Rice-A-Roni Spanish rice)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute rice and vermicelli in butter until golden brown. Gradually stir in the water, tomatoes and contents of the rice seasoning packets. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir in rice mixture. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes of until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.