Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
This came from one of my good cyber friends on babycenter. This is swesome and great for oamc, just double it. It works great with wraps.
- 2 (6 7/8 ounce) packages Spanish rice and vermicelli mix (I used Rice-A-Roni Spanish rice)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute rice and vermicelli in butter until golden brown. Gradually stir in the water, tomatoes and contents of the rice seasoning packets. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir in rice mixture. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes of until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.