Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Elena Zelayeta. Don't cook these over high heat or the chicken livers will become tough and gristly. Serve on rice or toast.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- Coat chicken livers in seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken livers and saute until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and saute another minute or two.
- Add mushrooms, with their liquid, and sherry.
- Cook over medium-low heat until chicken livers are tender, 10-15 minutes more.