Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 (3 ounce) jar stuffed olives, with liquid
- cooked rice or noodles
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic.
- Mix tomato paste and beer together and pour over chicken.
- Add olives.
- Cover; cook on LOW 10 hours (HIGH 6 hours).
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Great chicken recipe! The flavors are very intense...love it. I didn't get my chicken in the crock pot in time, so I cooked it (split in half) in the oven covered at 375 degrees for 1 hour and uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes more. I didn't have green olives, nor do I care for them, so I used a can of black olives. I know this changes the flavor of the dish, but for those who like the green olives, I'm sure it is just as enjoyable only in a different way. :)
Very good flavor but also very strong. We could only handle very little helpings of this. I am not a big fan of green olives but they definitely make the dish.
This is one of my very favorite crockpot recipes that I got from my Mom - it was in the cookbook that came with her 1970's Rival Crockpot! The only thing I do differently, is I only use 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I always serve this over Reame's frozen noodles (cooked according the pkg. directions.) DELICIOUS!!! :)