1 hr 15 mins
Make this with bone-in chicken breasts, you may adjust the amount of cumin and chili powder to taste, the jalapeno pepper is only optional add in for heat, throw in some sliced green olives also if desired :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, divided (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (you can use 1 teaspoon if desired)
- 4 -5 bone-in chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided (can use more if needed)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup uncooked converted white rice (Uncle Ben's is good to use)
- 2 1/2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1Set oven to 350 degres F.
- 2Grease a 4-quart casserole dish (make certain that your casserole dish is wide enough to hold all the chicken pieces, or use one large enough).
- 3Combine the flour 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a large resealable plastic bag; add in the chicken breasts and shake until well coated.
- 4Heat 3 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Brown the breasts on both sides, then remove to a plate and tent loosley with foil to keep warm.
- 6In the same skillet with the drippings saute the onion, garlic, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper with tumeric, chili powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper until veggies are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- 7Add in pimientos and uncooked rice; reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- 8Slowly add in the broth and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoned salt; bring just to a boil, stirring.
- 9At this point adjust all seasonings if needed.
- 10Transfer the rice mixture to the baking dish.
- 11Top with the browned chicken breasts.
- 12Cover and bake for about 45 minutes or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Chicken and Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 213.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: