Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This chicken is great because you throw it all together in a pot & let it cook until the chicken is so tender, it's almost falling off the bone. Remove skin from chicken before cooking for a healthier dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper and brown in batches.
- Remove from pot.
- Add the remaining oil to the pot & gently saute the onion & capsicum until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer gently until it has thickened.
- Stir in the water, then add the rice and the tumeric.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender and almost falling off the bone.