1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This chicken is great because you throw it all together in a pot & let it cook until the chicken is so tender, it's almost falling off the bone. Remove skin from chicken before cooking for a healthier dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot.
- 2Season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper and brown in batches.
- 3Remove from pot.
- 4Add the remaining oil to the pot & gently saute the onion & capsicum until the onion is transparent.
- 5Stir in the paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
- 6Add the tomatoes and simmer gently until it has thickened.
- 7Stir in the water, then add the rice and the tumeric.
- 8Return the chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- 9Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender and almost falling off the bone.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.5
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 167.6 mg
- Sodium 176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 43.3 g