Recipe by *Marli*
This chicken is great because you throw it all together in a pot & let it cook until the chicken is so tender, it's almost falling off the bone. Remove skin from chicken before cooking for a healthier dish.
Top Review by Dizzyfreedom
Made as directed and LOVED it! FYI...green capsicum is a green bell pepper. I used plain rice because I didn't have arborio or paella rice and it came out a little softer than I liked. But everyone thought it was delish!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large green capsicum, diced
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice or 1 1⁄4 cups paella rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper and brown in batches.
- Remove from pot.
- Add the remaining oil to the pot & gently saute the onion & capsicum until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer gently until it has thickened.
- Stir in the water, then add the rice and the tumeric.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender and almost falling off the bone.