1/2 Photos of Spanish Chicken and Rice
I found this recipe in my Sunday paper. It came from USA weekend, 5/15/11. I have yet to try it. Putting it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ground pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked chorizo sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
- 1 1/2 cups short or medium grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1Toss chicken with 1 Tbs of oil, paprika, garlic, oregano and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- 2Heat a large heavy-bottomed deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken; saute turning once, until well browned, about 6 minutes; remove chicken; set aside.
- 4Add remaining oil and sausages to skillet; cook unitl browned, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add onions and peppers and cook unitl tender, about 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in rice and tumeric to coat with oil.
- 7Add broth, tomatoes and chicken; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender, 15 minutes.
- 9Stir in peas; cover, turn off heat, wait a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 862.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g