Recipe by tinebean21
I found this recipe in my Sunday paper. It came from USA weekend, 5/15/11. I have yet to try it. Putting it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We thoroughly enjoyed this dish and it was so easy and quick to make. Loved the flavor and the presentation was really nice as you can serve it in the same dish you cook it in. I could not find Spanish chorizo and Mexican chorizo would not work well as it is not firm enough -- so I used a local jalapeno sausage which gave the dish a little "kick". Otherwise made as directed and would not change a thing. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chorizo sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into medium dice
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
- 1 1⁄2 cups short or medium grain rice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chicken with 1 Tbs of oil, paprika, garlic, oregano and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; saute turning once, until well browned, about 6 minutes; remove chicken; set aside.
- Add remaining oil and sausages to skillet; cook unitl browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers and cook unitl tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice and tumeric to coat with oil.
- Add broth, tomatoes and chicken; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender, 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas; cover, turn off heat, wait a few minutes.