Recipe by Momma of 4 #795827
This is my sister's recipe had at her house one time and have been hooked to it ever since. I think she said it came from the Goya website but I've looked and its not there. Takes a little bit of work to make this but soooo worth it in the end.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (spanish brand best to use)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water
- 3 tablespoons of frozen sofrito sauce
- sazon goya with coriander and annatto (3 packets )
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, cut up
- garlic powder
- 1 peeled potato, chopped
- Spanish olives
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- yellow rice
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a big skillet or sauce pan add frozen sofrito, cilantro
- season chicken with adobo and 2 packets of sazon until well browned.
- add every thing else and cook for 1/2 hour
- then add 1 can of beans and the other packet of sazon.
- cook for another half an hour, the last 5 min of cooking add spanish olives.
- serve with yellow rice.