Recipe by Cookin' in NJ
This is a wonderful one-dish meal made on the stovetop. I've prepared this many many times and it always comes out so good. It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Top Review by Antifreesz
You couldn't ask for more-fast, easy and deeeeelicious. This is a great after working all day recipe to put a decent meal on the table! I followed the recipe to a tee, served it for dinner and the whole family loved it.
- 6 whole chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- adobo seasoning
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1 link chorizo sausage, sliced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (5 g) packet sazon con azafran seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, like extra long grain canilla rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken legs with Adobo.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pan or pot (use one with a fitted lid for use later in the process).
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken to a platter and set aside.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, pepper and chorizo and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add water, sazon seasoning and bouillion and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and cilatro stir and cover.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes (or until rice is tender).
- Serve and enjoy! You can also garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.