Recipe by Girl from India
This is from my mum's recipe book again. Do not know how spanish this dish is but my mum makes it well and we devour it even better. Tee! Hee! Not for people who cannot tolerate spice though. We are Indian and so spice is no problem.
- 1 kg chicken, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 inches ginger, minced
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use much less)
- 18 big garlic flakes, minced
- 3 medium onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 green chilies, chopped (can reduce the number we love spice so I use the whole quantity the recipe calls for)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (reduce qty if reqd)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper (ditto)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil.
- Fry ginger and garlic for 2 mins.
- Then fry the onion till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Now add chillies and fry well.
- Add chicken pcs, salt, pepper, chilli powder and bay leaf.
- Cook over low heat till chicken cooks and lastly add the vinegar and ketchup and keep on fire for 5 mins.
- Keep a lot of cool drinks on the side and serve.