Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- butter, for sauteing
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 chicken breasts, boiled,deboned and cut in large pieces
- 1 package flour tortilla, torn into bite-size pieces
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute onion in butter until golden.
- Add all other sauce ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Grease a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Add layer of half of chicken,.
- Add layer of half of tortillas (overlapping),.
- Add layer of half of sauce.
- Add layer of half of cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 15 to 30 minutes.