One of the most unusual and memorable desserts I've ever encountered. From "The Cheese Course" by Janet Fletcher
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, shallot, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Let stand 30 minutes to allow shallot flavor to mellow.
- 3Cut a slice off both ends of each orange so they will stand upright.
- 4Stand an orange on a cutting surface and, using a sharp knife, remove all the peel and white pith by slicing from top to bottom all the way around the orange, following the contour of the fruit.
- 5Repeat with remaining oranges.
- 6Cut the peeled oranges crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- 7Discard the first and last slices if they seem to be mostly membrane.
- 8Remove the small bit of white pith at the center of each slice.
- 9Arrange fruit on a platter or divide among 6 individual plates.
- 10Tear the mint leaves into small pieces and scatter over the orange slices.
- 11Spoon the dressing over the oranges, making sure the shallots are evenly distributed.
- 12If you have arranged the oranges on a platter, serve cheeses separately from a cheese board.
- 13For an individual presentation, put a small portion of each cheese alongside the oranges on each plate.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Cheeses With Blood Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.9
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1096.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 23.6 g