Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my family's favorite casserole dishes, from my sister's recipe collection. An easy meal to put together; you'll have the whole family back for seconds!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large white onions or 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 package corn tortilla
- Brown ground beef and onion together; drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water, according to package directions.
- Then, add all other ingredients (except tortillas and 1/4 of the grated cheese).
- Line 9 x 13 pan with six tortillas.
- Pour beef mixture over tortillas with small amount of cheese.
- Continue with layers until are tortillas are gone; then cover with remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Hi MonieC. This is a great recipe, full of flavor and so easy to make. This is a dish I will be making over and over. Thank you for sharing this. :-)