Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another old recipe from my grandmother's recipe box. It says the source is from an "Old Book"! I don't know why it is called Spanish Cake but it is very good.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cream shortening and add sugar slowly, beating in well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add alternately with milk and mix well.
- Bake in greased tube pan at 350* for about 1 hour.