Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spanish cabbage soup.
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 5 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and remaining cut into strips
- 100 ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 liter hot stock or 1 liter water
- parsley, chopped
- Fry the strips of bread in the oil until brown, set them aside. Now fry the onion, garlic, tomatoes, peppers and chopped cabbage for a few minutes. Pour over enought stock to cover the vegetables and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, add a good pinch of paprika and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the fried bread, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Serves 4.