Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a community cookbook called "A Little Taste of Heaven". I added salt and black pepper to taste, but salt and pepper are a staple to me in any dish, especially cabbage. I also used some of bacon grease, just about a tablespoon and oil to saute' the veggies.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Saute onion, celery and bell pepper in shillet.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add cabbage and cook until just tender.
- Alternately you can steam the cabbage and pour tomato mix over it.
- Add jalapeno is you like it hot.