Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Brussels sprouts are the best steamed and this is the perfect dish.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, chopped basil or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, chopped rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover saucepan and steam 8 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onions and green pepper 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts to tomato mixture.
- Simmer until heated throughout.