Recipe by Da Huz
So I wanted to make "Cochifrito"... pan-fried pork. Then I realized that I had pork butt, not loin. I had an hour and a half to cook dinner, so I busted out the ol' pressure cooker! This is a simple recipe.
Top Review by Outta Here
I don't use my pressure cooker enough and with recipes like this, that will change! This is great. I cut recipe in half (I have a smaller cooker) and made as directed, except for throwing in a handful of baby carrots I needed to use. So easy and so delicious! I served over egg noodles, but next time will make some mashed potatoes to go with it. This is a good, basic recipe (and method) that would lend itself to additions, like mushrooms or pearl onions. Thanks for this keeper.
- 5 lbs pork butt, cut to 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In the pressure cooker, mix pork butt, olive oil, minced onion, garlic powder, and paprika until spices are evenly distributed.
- Add lemon juice, red wine, and enough chicken stock to just cover the meat (you may need more than 2 cups stock).
- Ensure that you have adequate space between the top of the liquid/meat and the top of the pressure cooker. Consult your pressure cooker manual if you're not sure.
- Bring to pressure on high heat, then turn heat down to maintain pressure. Cook 45 minutes, then remove from heat and allow 15 minutes of cool-down before releasing pressure.