Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lots of flavor in this simple dish. You can adjust how spicy it is by using diced tomatoes with jalapeños or green chilies. Make your favorite white rice to serve with it. The leftovers are even better!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos (or one of each) or 2 (15 ounce) cans green chilies (or one of each)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the green pepper and onion.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add chopped veggies and ground beef.
- Sprinkle cumin over meat and stir to distribute (you can add more cumin if you want).
- Brown beef (I like it a little chunky).
- When meat is done, pour tomatoes and tomato sauce into pan and stir.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.